There is something that I feel I should report to the world, despite the depressing morbidity of it all.
I've recently been doing quite a lot of thinking and had a bit of what one might call a premonition. This premonition is as follows:
We are each just a decaying organism that’s born to die in a society run by money that we can’t escape from. We are trapped in a rotting body on a dying planet in a mysterious dimension controlled by an unknown force.
This "unknown force" is sometimes known as "fate". Apparently fate controls everything, right? But wouldn't you rather have control over your own life? In discussing this matter with my best friend, he brought about these ever so wise words:
"True, Fate is a cruel monster. However, that doesn't stop anyone from taking their path. You see life controls fate, fate controls life, we are fate."Does this mean that it's a vicious cycle that we are inevitably trapped in with no chance of breaking away from the mainstream current that destiny has chosen for us?
The simple answer to this is yes and no. We can control our own decisions. We can manipulate certain parts of the world around us. But on the other hand, we can't control other people, and a majority of the things that happen in the world are out of our control.
And then of course we have the religious aspect of fate. Fate is something that is often linked to God or other such "higher beings". It is an unseeable force that controls all of our actions. To some people this is comforting. The belief that there is somebody who is "all knowing" watching over us and ensuring that we follow our "set path" gives some people a sense of security.
But as I asked before, wouldn't you rather have that control? Does it scare you that you, essentially, have no control over your own life, good or bad? Do you want that control? Do want the responsibility associated with running a life, or are you happy to leave it to somebody else? Does this unknown higher being only control the fates of those who allow Him to do so?
Weigh in on this in the comments. I'd like to know your thoughts :)
***My intent with this post is not to offend anybody or their religion. I an simply relaying thoughts that I've had and expressing my opinion***
No comments:
Post a Comment