Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Do You Ever Wonder How Much You Exist in Other People's Lives?

Sonder
n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm always curious if people think of me when a certain song comes on, or when they pass through a certain part of town. I wonder how many stories I've been a part of that I may have forgotten, how many pictures I've accidentally photo-bombed. I wonder if I still exist in the minds of people I don't speak to anymore. I wonder how many times a day I pass through someones mind.

I wonder how many people make up a narrative of my life when they see me. I wonder if they wonder about me. Do they have an opinion about me, about who they think I might be? Do they mentally give their opinions when they overhear my conversations? Perhaps they've seen me somewhere before, or perhaps they only think that.
_________________________________________________________________________________
[http://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/23536922667/sonder]

No comments:

Post a Comment